What Are Cookies: Cookies are small text files which a website may place on your computer or device when you visit a site. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit, allowing it to respond to your preferences appropriately. They also provide information to the owners of the site about aspects of your visit and can analyse how well the Sites are performing.
Types of Cookies: There are both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website. Like most sites, we use a combination of both.
The following cookie types may be used on our website:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to carry out searches or log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies help us to tailor your experience. They allow us, for example, to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Performance/Analytical cookies: These cookies help us understand how visitors use our website so we can improve it. They also allow us to count the number of visitors and review which pages they visit. We also use these cookies to monitor which marketing activities are generating traffic to our website.
- Affiliate cookies: These cookies are used by affiliate networks to track a transaction you may make after using a link or promotion on our website. In some circumstances, this allows us to be paid a small commission.
- A list of the third-parties and affiliate networks we use can be found here.
- We utilise services provided by Google Inc. You can read information about how Google uses data from these services at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Disabling Cookies: You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies may result in disabling certain functionality and features of this site.
- If you want to know more about cookies, visit https://www.ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies